My Nuffield Scholarship
I was lucky enough to be awarded a Nuffield scholarship in 2015, by my generous investor The William Buckland Foundation. The state and national interviews were challenging, but I made it through in September 2015. I attended the Contemporary Scholars conference held in Cavern, Ireland in March 2015 and started my global focus program on the 7th of June, 2015.
Thank you to both Nuffield and the team at The William Buckland Foundation for believing in me and my passion for sustainable agriculture. I won’t let you down and look forward to publishing my report and presenting my findings at the annual national conference in 2017.
NUFFIELD award around 20 individuals each year with the opportunity to research topics of interest in farming, food, horticulture or rural sectors. Scholars are able to travel anywhere in the world, visiting one or more countries in order to further knowledge and understanding, with a view to advancing their respective industries.
Nuffield Scholarships provide an opportunity to:
- Unlock individual potential and broaden horizons through study and overseas travel
- Stand back from the day-to-day routine and study a subject of personal interest
- Have access to the world’s leaders in food and farming
- Deliver benefits to agricultural and related industries through knowledge transfer
Who can apply?
- UK residents aged between 22 and 45 years old (inclusive) at the application date
- Individuals working in farming, rural land-based industries, food industries or agricultural associated industries as an owner, manager or employee
- Anyone engaged for at least two years in a relevant sector and who intends to remain involved in their industry
“Leading positive change in agriculture, inspiring passion and potential in people”
- Building knowledge through global experience
- Sharing brilliant ideas
- Making things happen
- Developing tomorrow’s leaders
- Inspiring commitment
To find out more about the Nuffield experience please feel free to explore the Nuffield website; Click here